Oh My Goodie Goodie Gumdrops.

Sewing Denim Rings.

Monday, September 21, 2009

I've decided I've almost reached a low point in my sewing career.
I mean, when you get bored you think up quite a bit of 'unusual' projects.  My unusual project of the night Thursday was...dun-dun-dun!  Denim rings! 



Now, you have to think like it's 4 am and you can't sleep.  Right, are you there? That point where drooling is like the highlight of your 5 minute staring contest with the wall?   Good job!  Not many people can pull that one off on 'command'.

Okay, I ripped a pair of my jeans the other day.  I loved those jeans.  :(  So I figured I would use them to make something so I could work on my sewing.  I cut a square out and worked on my embroidery.  My embroidery sucks--I'm not even going to lie about that.

Then, it hit me.  I wanted to make a braclet out of them.  So, I was lazy and just started cutting the belt loops off to use instead of cutting fabric and all.  I cut the stitching where it was attached to the actual pair of jeans.  I took the two I had cut off and decided that I'd rather just make a ring out of them.  (Told you I was being lazy.) Cause afterall, how cool would that be?

I secured the two ends I was going to attach together with a safety pin, just to hold them while I threaded the needle etc.  Cause yeah, I do this all by hand.  I never could figure out a sewing machine.  I might have to do that one day.

Anyway, I was sewing and then it hit me.  I was sewing the thing inside out.  Like...the part that I wanted to be on the outside, was now going to be on the inside.

So, I was like, alright, I can just make another.  I have quite a few belt loops at my disposal anyway.

I started over.  And continued on my merry little way.

I made a denim ring.  It is amazing considering I am truly talentless and have no coordination..  I'll have to post a picture of it.  And... it only cost me 15 minutes of my life (for both rings).  Fun, huh?

0 comments: